Oct 26 Android_LIS
Hi all! You must have noticed that our weekly updates turned into biweekly updates! It means that we’ve got more work and less time for reports. So let’s not waste our precious moments, and pass on to the things we’ve done.
We’ll start with the issues that we tracked down, brought into the open, and fixed without mercy!
- We were tipped off that electricity is ARK’s finite resource. To save it, some platforms will start moving only when a character steps on them. They’ll stop as soon as the character steps off. We swear there’ll be no more wasteful rides;
- We fixed the bug where some events could be delayed, such as scorpions spawning. The rascals will keep you waiting no more;
- We also fixed the bug with the cocoon repair and Langoliers that fly out. The monsters will no longer hatch from an intact cocoon. As they say, first things first;
- The character will no longer hang from the stairs above the platform in a highly uncomfortable position;
- Turret interaction has been refined. Now it does whatever is expected of it and doesn’t do any unexpected things;
- We corrected the character’s grip on the crumbling platforms. Why holding on to them, in the first place?
- The bot no longer questions your order to follow. It also became smarter. Now it knows how to use a few secret moves, such as gripping on and jumping off platforms;
- The character no longer runs into a platform and stands still, refusing to save the world.
After much reflection we realized that fixing issues was not enough. We must introduce something new! Here’s our innovations:
- Added a teleport to the City
- Lamps now shine and flicker. Very life-like:
- Trapdoors and other interactive items are now highlighted and easier to spot:
- We placed broken turrets on levels to make the atmosphere grimmer:
- We also added cocoon junctions to make them look real!
- Universal gates are now signed. They’re like universal soldiers, but gates;
- And then turned to buildings’ roofs. What if somebody decides to peek at them? Now they look pretty, ‘cos we added some details:
- The character touchdown animation after a running leap has been updated. It doesn’t look like a superhero’s jump just yet, but we’re heading that way;
- “You died!” message now looks prettier. There must be some beauty in death!
- Your partner’s avatar now shows a notification if they’re in danger far away from you. Now you know when to feel sorry for them.
We’ll see you in two weeks (hopefully!) with another exciting update!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our groups in social networks to keep up to date with all the news:
ARK Weekly Digest 10/26/2018
Hi all! You must have noticed that our weekly updates turned into biweekly updates! It means that we've got more work and less time for reports. So let's not waste our precious moments, and pass on to the things we've done.
Lost in Sky